Why use a mask to prevent the Covid 19 virus
The most popular way to prevent the Covid19 virus is to use a face mask. Coronavirus infection first appeared in the Chinese city of Wuhan. There, the use of masks to prevent the spread of the virus was first introduced and the infection was greatly reduced. Since then the use of masks has been made mandatory all over the world.
How effective is the mask in preventing this virus
As the virus spreads from person to person through the air, virus experts, whom we call virologists, have considerable doubts about the effectiveness of this mask.
However, evidence has been found that masks play a significant role in preventing hand-to-mouth viral infections. However, the quality of the mask must be good.
When did the use of this surgical mask start
The use of surgical masks began in the first quarter of the eighteenth century. But at that time no one knew much about this mask. After the Spanish flu pandemic in 1919, the world became aware of this mask and its use continued to grow.
Is it possible to prevent by using any mask?
Dr. David Carrington of St Georges at the University of London said low-quality surgical masks were not enough to prevent viral and bacterial infections. These masks made of low-quality material cannot filter the air properly. Moreover, the mask user is more likely to be infected through the eyes.
However, surgical masks play a role in reducing the risk of the virus spreading through someone else’s sneezing and coughing. Jonathan Ball, a professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham, said the use of face masks as respirators in different patients in hospitals has been shown to prevent influenza.
How is it possible to prevent this virus permanently
Dr. Connor Bamford of the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine at Queens University of Belfast said, “We need to follow some general hygiene rules to prevent the spread of the virus.” Then we can easily survive this virus.
He said that you should always sneeze and cough with your hands in your mouth and then wash your hands thoroughly with soap or sanitizer. Never touch anyone else or anything before washing your hands. Always clean your hands thoroughly with soap or sanitizer before putting your hands over your eyes and mouth. Then it will be possible to get rid of this virus easily.
Follow some NHS tips to stay away from this virus. Let’s see what rules to follow
- Try to establish as healthy a lifestyle as possible
- Make it a habit to wash your hands well with regular soap
- Refrain from touching eyes and face before cleaning hands
- Masks must be used properly and dirty masks cannot be used
- Foods that contain vitamin C should be eaten in large quantities
- Maintain a safe distance from the person who is sneezing and coughing
- Used masks should not be thrown away as they can easily spread the virus in the environment
- Refrain from using the same mask repeatedly. Avoid the habit of using the reverse to use the same mask multiple times
- Wear a mask that looks good on the face and nose. If you don’t call your face and nose well, wearing a mask will not be of any use